Did you ever wonder why YOU should be a
Sunriver-La Pine Rotary Membership Information
Membership By Invitation Only
Rotary is composed of members whose "classification" (profession or industry) reflects the community makeup.
It is the intention of Rotary to diversify the membership, providing an increased talent pool and more interesting fellowship, which leads to a wider range of service. Below are the guidelines and process for becoming a member.
- A prospective member must have, as a minimum, the authority to absent themselves from their workplace to attend our weekly Wednesday morning meetings and participate in other club related activities.
- A prospective member is invited to attend at least two club meetings.
- A prospective member completes the "Sunriver Rotary Member Application" proposal form (see below), and must be recommended by an existing club member. Once completed it is presented to our Sunriver Rotary Board of Directors for approval.
- After approved by the board, the proposed member's name is printed in our weekly club bulletin for two consecutive meetings. Club members have two weeks to comment, prior to the individual being officially invited to join.
- If no objections, the proposed member is invited by our Membership Chair to attend an Orientation and a date is scheduled for induction into the club.
Only after becoming involved in the activities of the club does a Rotary Club member truly become a Rotarian.
You can fill in the required information online, if you wish, and print out the completed form.
To view or open the application you must have the Adobe® Reader® software installed on your computer.
You can obtain a FREE version of this software from Adobe, by clicking the icon below:
The Rotary Club of Sunriver-La Pine is one of 70 clubs with over 4,200 members in District 5110. The District covers an area from Lincoln City on the coast, east through Central Oregon, South just across the California border, including five Northern California clubs. There are four Rotary clubs in Bend, one each in Sisters, Madras (Jefferson County), Redmond and Prineville (Crook County). More information about the District is available at: www.district5110.org
Obligations of Membership
Regular attendance is encouraged and required; and is essential to a strong active Rotary club. We meet weekly -- eat breakfast -- enjoy fellowship -- and hear a guest speaker. Plus, learn about and then plan club activities for local and international projects.
Our breakfast buffet is available in the scenic Hearth Room of the Sunriver Lodge from 7:00am to 7:35am and our "bell" rings at 7:35 a.m. to start the meeting and we normally end by 8:30 a.m.
Every Rotarian is welcome at any Rotary club in the world. Should a member miss a meeting, they are encouraged to makeup at another Rotary club meeting 14 days prior to or after the missed meeting to receive attendance credit. Participating in Club and Community Service projects also counts as makeup's. Making up is always interesting and fun!
Information on every Rotary club in the world, meeting time and place is available through the Rotary International Directory at www.rotary.org Click on the club locator at the top of the home page and follow the prompts.
Financial Responsibilities for the Sunriver-La Pine Club:
- Initiation Fee: $75.00 (waived if a former Rotarian)
- Quarterly Dues: $45.00
(Includes Rotary International, District 5110, & Club dues; subscription to the monthly "The Rotarian" magazine.)
- Weekly Breakfast: $13.50
(Dues and weekly Breakfast are billed quarterly and due upon receipt.)
- Sustaining Member in The Rotary Foundation: $100.00 annual minimum
- Polio Plus $25.00 annual minimum
- Meetings, Fellowship and Fundraising activities: $200.00 to $500.00 annual estimate.
Our clubs President, President-Elect, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer are elected in December of each year.
Directors and Committee Chairs are appointed by the Club President, based on the individual members' interests.
The club receives direction from the District 5110 Governor and the President of Rotary International.
Our Rotary Club is organized around five major categories -- Membership, Service Projects, Rotary Foundation, Public Relations, & Club Administration -- and the variety of projects the club performs falls under these categories.
Please review the current bylaws of our club.
To keep informed, regularly check our website www.sunriver-lapinerotary.org as well as our Districts website www.district5110.org and the Rotary International websites www.rotary.org. In addition, our weekly club bulletin provided at the Wednesday morning meetings also provides upcoming events and our member roster.
The 4-Way Test
Of the things we think, say and do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?